Il Nostro Famiglia
The Italian villa opened it's doors in 1974, originally in the old K-mart Plaza. The Argentieri family continued serving authentic, old world Italian Cuisine; recipes that originated with Grandparents Nick and Emma, natives of Furci Italy, who originally owned and operated the Blue Angel Restaurant on the Old Arkport Road from 1958 until 1973.
It was here that Grandma Argentieri first introduced homemade spaghetti or “Homemades” to the area. Along with her homemade sauce, meatballs, lasagna and other Italian specialties, her homemade pizza was widely renowned as the absolute best in the area. The Blue Angel was a family affair with both children and grandchildren involved not only in the daily operation, but also learning about their true Italian Heritage.
The “Villa” continued the tradition that the Hornell area came to love and enjoy. In 1980, Rosemary Argentieri and son Richard Nicholas became co-owners and expanded the menu to cater to an ever-growing clientele. Catering and off premises parties were in demand, and soon it became obvious that the “Villa” needed to relocate. In May 2000, the operation moved from it's humble beginnings to it's current location. Here the tradition continues, with the same great food and atmosphere, a larger dining room and the ability to offer weddings, parties, and meetings in the upstairs banquet room.
Today the Third Generation of Richard Argentieri continues to serve the finest, truly authentic homemade Italian and American cuisine that his grandparents and parents first introduced to the Hornell community. And, continuing in the family tradition, the fourth-generation is now involved, making the Italian Villa truly, “The Home of Homemade”!